On May 8, the SLSC grounds and ranges reopened after a 5-week shutdown. We are still operating under COVID-19 safety guidelines and the current operating rules are posted as you swipe in and at each of the ranges and on the website under the COVID-19 Info page. Most significant is the limit of 10 persons on the range. These restrictions may lesson as we progress to full operation. The board will notify members of any changes as they occur. The board is also looking into rehosting events. Watch the calendar and your email for event announcements.
SANNER'S LAKE SPORTSMEN'S CLUB
Experience the excitement and competition of being a part of the United
States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA). Practical shooting is an
exciting, fun, fast action safe shooting sport where accuracy, power and
speed count. USPSA courses of fire are predominantly “free-style” in
nature where you are not told how to shoot the stage, just as long as
you shoot it safely. Courses of Fire have multiple targets, moving
targets, reactive targets, penalty targets, partially covered targets,
steel targets that are engaged all while moving and negotiating
obstacles. There are six distinct divisions in USPSA that you can
participate in based on what kind of pistol and equipment you want to
use. If you own a pistol, holster, some magazines and a few magazine
pouches, you can shoot in USPSA. Stages may consist of
up to 32 shots. Typically two classifier stages are included in
each SLSC club match.
For SMPS USPSA match announcements and results:
- Open to the public to anyone who can legally possess a firearm. You do not have to be a member of USPSA to shoot local matches. Major matches (e.g. State Championship) require USPSA membership.
- Firearm: Minimum Caliber 9mm, Revolvers, Semi Auto Pistol, (Pistol Caliber Carbine TBD)
- Magazines: 4 – 6 magazines
- Ammo: You will need to bring 150 to 250 rounds. We have ammo restrictions to protect our shooters and steel targets. Ammo that has a velocity of 1600 FPS or Higher and Steel Jacketed Ammo i.e. Tulu or Wolf that has a copper washed steel jacket are prohibited.
- Holster: specific to division (shoulder holsters are prohibited)
- Magazine pouches: 3 to 5 depending on division
- Active Law Enforcement may utilize duty gear
Course of Fire Details